POSITION: Part Time Banquet Server
REPORTS TO: Director of Banquet Operations, Assistant Director of Banquet Operations, Banquet Managers
SUMMARY OF POSITION: Set up, execute, and breakdown banquet rooms and events according to the details listed on the Private Event Order (PEO).
- Arrives to work in full uniform and ready to go with a positive attitude for the scheduled shift.
- Works as a part of a team to setup, serve and breakdown banquet events using the correct standard operating procedures (SOP) set by the Union League.
- Establishes a warm welcome with a smile and professional atmosphere for members, clients and guests
- Fully competent with the expertise of executing different banquet functions including, but not limited to, breakfast, brunch, meetings, lunch, cocktail reception, buffets, and dinners.
- Has a working knowledge of all linen sizes and standards for events.
- Strong knowledge of working with banquet equipment including, but not limited to, chafers, urns, glassware, flatware, coffee machines, etc.
- Able to carry a football tray with 10 platters on it.
- Able to carry a football tray with cleared glassware, flatware, and china.
- Ensures the room is completely set and ready to go 15 minutes prior to the event start time.
- Actively working as a team with the staff members and supervisors to guarantee all last minute requests or special requests are handled correctly and quickly.
- Assists guests to their tables, including pulling chairs out and then provides immediate attention to guests for the rest of the event.
- Has knowledge of the order of service and proper serving techniques.
- Ability to present, open and serve wine properly to guests.
- Skilled in using banquet props as needed for food stations.
- Knows the proper SOP for clearing soiled glassware, flatware, and china. Then follows the SOP for racking, breaking down and clearing items in the pantry.
- Completes all side work assigned for the scheduled shift.
- Advises supervisor of any member, client, or guests complaints as soon as they occur with Management.
- Activity works as a team to clean room, pantries, prop room and linen room after the event.
- Ensures all clean linen is properly folded or hung back in the linen room. Also ensures that all soiled linen in placed in the Harbour Linen bags and taken to the sub-basement and put in a Green Harbour Linen bag.
- Stocks all pantries and refrigerators with dry or wet supplies as required by the par list.
- Performs all other functions as required by management.
- Able to work 3 – 5 hours at a time without a break
- Bending and lifting required. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. and push up to 250 lbs.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
LICENSES AND SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS – Preferred
MANDATORY WORK DAYS INCLUDE (But are not limited to):
- New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, Mother’s Day, Easter, Fall Ball (1st Saturday in November), Thanksgiving, Family Christmas (1st Sunday in December)