Job Title: Pastry Cook - PM A La Carte
Purpose: Prepare pastry items according to production schedules and banquet event orders that meet quality standards while maintaining a safe, sanitary work environment.
- Prepare pastry items according production schedules and banquet event orders or consistent quality following recipe cards, as well as production, portion, and presentation standards; complete mis en place and set-up station for breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner service.
- Start food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure not to prepare beyond estimated needs.
- Operate, maintain and properly clean kitchen equipment, including deep fryer, broiler, stove, steamer, food processor, mixer, slicer, oven, steam table, tilt kettle, waffle iron, and flat top grill.
- Date all food containers and rotate as per policies, making sure that all perishables as kept at proper temperatures; check parts to shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set up; note any out-of-stock items or possible shortages; return all food items not used to designated storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables; assist in setting up plans and actions to correct and food cost problems; control food waste, loss and usage per policies.
- Comply Category One and Category Two Work Rules and Standards of Conduct.
- Work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors.
- Other duties TBD.
Knowledge and Skills:
Education: High school education, cooking school or culinary institute education or equivalent experience.
Experience: Minimum two years culinary or related work experience. Advanced culinary knowledge is expected for this position. Working knowledge is generally learned on-the-job.
Skills & Abilities: Ability to operate, maintain and properly clean deep fryer, broiler, stove, steamer, food processor, mixer, slicer, oven, steam table, tilt kettle, waffle iron, flat top grill.
Must be able to lift 25+ lbs.
Must stand for long periods of time
Must be able to constantly go up and down stairs throughout the day.
Bending and lifting required