Job Title: 1862 Server assistant (busser)
Reports to: Server and dining room manager
We are looking for a server assistant to support our serving staff and set up/break down our dining area.
Server assistant responsibilities include serving plates, glasses and silverware, refilling beverages and clearing/resetting tables. If you enjoy a fast-paced level of working environment and want to develop your career in fine dining, we would love to meet you.
To summarize, you will ensure our daily flow of service runs smoothly and our members have a pleasant, seamless dining experience.
- Prepare dining areas before guests are seated
- Set tables with silverware, napkins, linen and glassware with attention to detail
- Place tableware and condiments on tables
- Serve water and bread baskets
- Refill waters and empty glassware
- Clear courses when guests are finished
- Assist servers with coffee and food running when needed
- Clean and reset tables after guests leave
- Maintain health and safety regulations at all kitchen and dining areas
- Work experience as a Busser, Food Runner or other entry-level role in a fine dining restaurant is a plus
- Understanding of hygiene and food safety rules
- Physical ability and stamina to carry trays and stand for long hours
- Ability to multitask and remain calm and professional in a fast-paced environment
- Degree in hospitality or restaurant management is a plus
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
- Flexible schedule including mandatory holidays