POSITION: Conference Meeting Attendant (Part Time)
REPORTS TO: Director of Banquet Operations, Assistant Director of Banquet Operations, Housemen Manager, and Banquet Managers
SUMMARY OF POSITION: To set up, service, and clean up coffee break stations throughout the building based on the events booked.
- Set up coffee break stations according to the specifications listed on the Event Order and the Coffee Break Sheet
- Provide cleaned and polished glassware, plates and silverware for the station
- Make sure that all electrical equipment needed for the station is wiped down and working properly
- Use the correct linen on all stations.
- Set up rooms with pens, pads, mints, water goblets, water pitchers and drip trays as requested on the event order or coffee break sheet
- Place the correct linen on the tables throughout the function spaces based on the event orders and coffee break sheet
- Service and refresh/maintain coffee break stations throughout the course of the event.
- Cleaning and removing trash and used glassware, plates, or silverware from station
- Replenishing food and beverage as needed
- Replenishing silverware and glassware on station as needed
- Maintain and keep accurate count on items set and used for the coffee station
- Breakdown coffee station after the event or station is concluded.
- Correctly breakdown the coffee break station
- Remove all trash and used glassware, plates, or silverware from the station
- Ensure that all supplies that are bussed from the station are placed in the correct racks to be washed
- Put all reusable products away in the proper areas
- Make sure that all coffee break equipment and areas are cleaned with soap/water and put away properly at the end of each shift.
- Ensure all dirty linen placed in blue Harbour linen bags and placed in the sub-basement in the Green Laundry Bins.
- Ensure all linen that can be reused is folded properly and put away on the Mez Floor
- Keep record of the par list for each event and turn into Management on a daily basis
- Maintain and organize linen and beverage supplies throughout the building
- Perform all other duties as directed or assigned by the Managers
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have the ability to function independently
- Bending and lifting required
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs and Must be able to push/pull up to 300 lbs
MANDATORY WORK DAYS INCLUDE (But are not limited to):
- New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, Easter Sunday, Mother’s Day, Fall Ball (every First Saturday in November), Thanksgiving Day, Family Christmas (every First Sunday in December)