Job Title: Part-Time Server
Department: Food & Beverage
Reports to: Restaurant Manager
Objective: To provide superior food and beverage service to all members and guests of the Union League, in a professional and dignified manner
- Report to work on time. Change into a clean, pressed uniform with name tag.
- Perform opening side work: Stock station with all proper condiments and supplies; check with Hostess for reservation for special requests, etc.
- Check all table linens for holes and stains and proper size for table.
- Wipe all b&b plates, flatware, glassware and lamps with damp towel.
- Greet all tables as they are seated using Members name.
- Practice suggestive selling techniques and inform guests of new items and promotions. Must have knowledge of proper wine service.
- Take order with proper seat numbers.
- Walk through station refreshing cocktails and maintaining tables.
- Hand write orders in a clear, orderly process.
- Be flexible, dynamic and willing to work in a team environment.
- Understand and practice table etiquette: Serve all women first and the host last; Serve food from the left; Remove empty plates from the right; Serve all drinks from right; Present desert menus and offer coffee/after meal drinks.
- Thank members for coming invite members back.
- Reset tables and clean station before closing.
- Close out all chits properly – do end of shift report. Report to Manager before leaving.
- Follow all rules and house policies as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Own every situation!
- Must be able to lift 25+ lbs.
- Must stand for long periods of time.
- Bending and lifting required.
- Must be able to go up and down stairs frequently.
- ServSafe Food Certified/TIP Certified is a plus.