Job Title: Full-Time Line Cook @ Guard House Restaurant
Reports to: Executive Chef
Purpose: Prepare dinner for a la carte functions in accordance with production requirements and quality standards while maintaining a safe, sanitary work environment.
- Prepare food items according to consistent quality following recipe cards, as well as production, portion, and presentation standards; complete mis en place and set-up station for lunch and/or dinner service.
- Start food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure not prepare beyond estimated needs.
- Operate, maintain and properly clean kitchen equipment, including deep fryer, broiler, stove, steamer, food processor, mixer, slicer, oven, steam table, tilt kettle, waffle iron, and flat top grill.
- Date all food containers and rotate as per policies, making sure that all perishables as kept at proper temperatures; check parts to shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set up; note any out-of-stock items or possible shortages; return all food items not used to designated storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables; assist in setting up plans and actions to correct and food cost problems; control food waste, loss and usage per policies.
- Work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors.
- Culinary institute/ cooking school/ equivalent experience
- 1-2 years of experience as a line cook
- Ability to operate, maintain, and clean kitchen equipment
- Bending and lifting is required daily
- Must be able to lift 40+ lbs
- Must be able to stand for entire shift