Job Title: Cook at Torresdale
Reports to: Executive Chef
Purpose: Prepare lunch and dinner for a la carte functions in accordance with production requirements and quality standards while maintaining a safe, sanitary work environment.
- Prepare food items according to consistent quality following recipe cards, as well as production, portion, and presentation standards; complete mis en place and set-up station for lunch and/or dinner service.
- Start food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure not prepare beyond estimated needs.
- Operate, maintain and properly clean kitchen equipment, including deep fryer, broiler, stove, steamer, food processor, mixer, slicer, oven, steam table, tilt kettle, waffle iron, and flat top grill.
- Date all food containers and rotate as per policies, making sure that all perishables as kept at proper temperatures; check parts to shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set up; note any out-of-stock items or possible shortages; return all food items not used to designated storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables; assist in setting up plans and actions to correct and food cost problems; control food waste, loss and usage per policies.
- Work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors.
Knowledge and Skills:
Education: Cooking school or culinary institute education or equivalent experience.
Experience: Minimum two years culinary or related work experience. Advanced culinary knowledge is expected for this position. Working knowledge is generally learned on-the-job.
Skills & Abilities: Ability to operate, maintain and properly clean deep fryer, broiler, stove, steamer, food processor, mixer, slicer, oven, steam table, tilt kettle, waffle iron, flat top grill. Proficient knife skills and ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to lift 25+ lbs.
- Must stand for long periods of time
- Bending and lifting required