We are looking for a Host to join our team and be the first point of contact for our guests.
Host responsibilities include greeting guests, member recognition, and escorting customers to the dining table and bar area. For this role, you should have solid organizational and people skills to ensure our members have a positive dining experience from the moment they arrive through to their departure.
To summarize, you will ensure we provide excellent customer service and a pleasant dining experience to our guests.
- Warmly welcome guests to the dining room with a smile
- Provide accurate wait times and monitor waiting lists
- Manage reservations and Union League website
- Professionally seat members in dining room
- Provide menus and encourage a wonderful meal
- Greet customers upon their departure
- Coordinate with management about flow and seating
- Maintain a clean reception area
- Cater to guests who require extra attention (e.g. elderly)
- Answer incoming calls and dining inquiries
- Maintain member profiles with pertinent information
- Understanding club etiquette
- Experience in managing reservations, demonstrable customer-service skills
- Excellent communication skills (via phone and in-person)
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to monitor the entire dining and bar area
- Good physical condition to walk and stand during an entire shift
- High school diploma; hospitality certification is a plus
- Flexible schedule including mandatory holidays