Reports To: Executive Steward/Asst. Executive Steward
Supervises the entire utilities, dishwashing, and pot room crew, making sure that all wares are cleaned and sanitized and that the overall operation is running to a maximum efficiency level.
- Supervises and coordinates the activities of all ware and pot washing.
- Supervises floor employees, making sure that kitchen area is completely cleaned and sanitized at any given moment during the day
- Supervises the cleaning of all areas but focused on dry storage areas, refrigerators, and all service elevators.
- Develop and maintain controls against theft and waste.
- Develop all necessary supervisory functions for subordinates; develop performance standards, trains; directs – on-going.
- Develop proper training procedure for all tasks, machinery, freight elevator, compactor, etc.
- Develop proper training procedures for the use of all chemical and cleaning products.
- Requisitions china glassware, silverware, etc, to ensure sufficient supplies for efficient service
- Prepare Garde Manger with equipment for salad and pastry production.
- Stock all carter Hoffman hot boxes, making sure they are marked properly, making sure they go to the proper destination
- Assist chef in plating all hot meals and cold ones if necessary.
- Conduct physical weekly inspection of kitchen and storage areas with Lead Steward to assure that sanitation is consistently obtained.
- Works closely with Union League exterminator to control all pest problems within food and beverage areas.
- Assures proper staffing levels and payroll control.
- Conduct accurate monthly small ware inventory (China, glassware, silverware)
- Maintains chemical inventory for all F&B Departments.
- Maintain all service elevators on a regular basis.
- Assist management staff with maintaining all pantries
- Performs other tasks as requested by the Executive Chef
- Conduct weekly physically inspections of food and beverage areas with Lead Steward to ensure high standards of cleanliness
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness and orderliness in all kitchens, Moravian Street and utility work areas.
- Manage breakage of China, Glass and Silver.
- Conduct inspection and repair of equipment to ensure fully functional.
- Ensure all ware wash are clean polished and sanitized properly.
- Trains new hires on proper procedures.
- Ensures Food Server Assistants are productive, efficient and timely with the items on BEOS.
- High School Diploma
- ServSafe Certification
- Highly professional appearance, ability to maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance
- Strong knowledge of operation of kitchen equipment
- Strong knowledge of the fundamentals of catering operations
- Good working knowledge of the fundamentals of catering operations
- Ability to lift, carry, push, move, up to 100 lbs.
- Strong knowledge of performing inventory
- Ability to read, write, and speak English in order to communicate effectively with various staff personnel (managers, dishwashers, stewards, etc.)
- Basic mathematical skills