The Union League of Philadelphia, founded in 1862, is the # 1 City Club in the country. We have locations in Center City Philadelphia, the Main Line, Northeast Philadelphia, and the Jersey Shore. The League House and our satellite properties are open for our member’s year round. We are looking for motivated and professional individuals, who will provide the finest service possible. At the Union League, we offer a positive, welcoming work environment to all employees.
The ideal candidate for the Union League Banquet Department is an individual who is professional, energetic, hardworking, self-motivated, and polite. Our year round, high paced schedule of events provides a variety of shifts and openings for work. The Union League provides many opportunities for employees to learn, grow, and expand their work experience. We pride ourselves on promoting talent from within our organization.
POSITION: Banquet Set Up Housemen – Part Time
REPORTS TO: Director of Banquets, Assistant Director of Banquets, Banquet Managers, Housemen Supervisor
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
To set up, detail, and then breakdown the event spaces at the Union League of Philadelphia. The Housemen’s hard work and efforts should be seamless and done at the quickest yet quietest pace possible, while also having a full understanding of - surroundings and having an upbeat and polite attitude.
- Arrive to the League House and the floor on time and with a positive attitude.
- Be prepared in full uniform including walkie talkie and earpiece.
- Establish a warm welcome and professional atmosphere for all members, guests, and co-workers.
- Read, comprehend, and execute all Housemen Paperwork and Private Event Orders (PEO’S).
- Communicate efficiently and effectively with supervisors, managers, clients, and members.
- Set all function rooms accurately, completely with a sense of urgency.
- Ensure all function rooms are set and fully detailed accordingly to the given specifications.
- Set up, breakdown, and return to the storage location for the following items:
- Portable dance floor, staging, tables, chairs, bar stools, black leather chairs, flags, portable bars, air walls, furniture, lamps, chair carts, and table carts. (Not limited to the items listed)
- Vacuum and Clean all function rooms and public spaces in the clubhouse before and after every function
- Vacuuming, dry mopping, wet mopping, dusting, wiping and cleaning with rags, glass cleaning. (Not limited to the items listed
- Ensure all housemen tables and equipment are stored neatly in the correct storage spaces.
- Deliver all requested meeting materials and packages to the Box Storage Room (BSR) or Function Rooms.
- Be respectful throughout each shift of the historical paintings, statues, display cases, and overall League House
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong customer service and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Able to work 3 – 5 hours at a time without a break
- Bending and lifting Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. and push up to 250 lbs.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Nights, weekend, and holiday availability
MANDATORY WORK DAYS INCLUDE (But are not limited to):
- New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, Easter Sunday, Mother’s Day, Fall Ball (First Saturday in November), Thanksgiving Day, Family Christmas (First Sunday in December)
- Professional training and development
- Complimentary meals in employee cafeteria
- 401K program after one year of employment and 1,000 hours worked in that year
- Out of pocket dental and accident insurance