Job Title: Full-Time Concierge
Reports to: Marketing Director
Schedule: Wednesday 2:00pm – 8:00pm,
Thursday & Friday 10:00am – 8:00pm,
Saturday 11:00am – 6:00pm,
Sunday, Monday, Tuesday: Off
Objective: The Concierge is the ambassador for the Union League. The person must provide excellent customer service and work well under pressure while maintaining a consistently pleasant and professional personality when communicating with members and staff.
- Answer the phone in a timely, professional and polite manner. The Concierge should own each call and follow up when needed. All voicemails should be returned within 24 hours or sooner.
- Makes dining reservations via the website and ensures that all special arrangements are well communicated with the dining room manager. Concierge should offer the member the option to enhance the experience with flowers, cake etc whenever possible.
- Works with dining room managers to take and manage reservations and assists with special dining events.
- Knowledgeable about all League properties, hours of operation and events.
- Works closely with the Golf Shop at Torresdale to maintain merchandise sold at the League House and coordinate items purchased for pick up at the League House.
- Manages Reciprocal Clubs on the website ensuring accuracy and sends letters of introduction.
- Handles all special member requests to include: transportation, tickets, flowers, courier service, dining reservations, tours of the city, etc.
- Ensures that all member and guest transactions are well documented and billed appropriately including gift certificate purchases.
- Maintains the Business Centers and ensures that they are well stocked, operational and clean.
- Maintains a clean and tidy work area with League advertisements displayed.
- Acts as the receptionist in their absence, answering the main switchboard.
- Develops a positive working relationship with service suppliers: Theaters, restaurants, transportation providers, tour guides etc.
- Creates a monthly one sheet city guide to help communicate offerings in the city to the League’s staff.
- Creates a monthly one sheet guide for events at all properties noting schedule changes etc. for the Main Line team for quick reference – to be distributed at the Main Line Meeting.
- Professional manner and appearance
- Guest service driven
- Well organized
- Helpful – problem solver
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of the city and vicinity
- Attention to detail
- Bachelor degree preferred