The Union League of Philadelphia, founded in 1862, is the # 1 City Club in the country. We have locations in Center City Philadelphia, the Main Line, Northeast Philadelphia, and the Jersey Shore. The League House and our satellite properties are open for our member’s year round. We are looking for motivated and professional individuals, who will provide the finest service possible. At the Union League, we offer a positive, welcoming work environment to all employees.
The ideal candidate for the Union League Banquet Department is an individual who is professional, energetic, hardworking, self-motivated, and polite. Our year round, high paced schedule of events provides a variety of shifts and openings for work. The Union League provides many opportunities for employees to learn, grow, and expand their work experience. We pride ourselves on promoting talent from within our organization.
POSITION: Coffee Break Attendant (Part Time)
REPORTS TO: Director of Banquet Operations, Assistant Director of Banquet Operations, Housemen Manager, and Banquet Managers
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
To set up, maintain, and break down coffee break food and beverage stations, as well as, meeting sets throughout the building based on the events booked.
- Set up coffee break stations according to the specifications listed on the Event Order
- Provide cleaned and polished glassware, plates, and silverware for the station
- Make sure that all electrical equipment needed for the station is wiped down and working properly
- Use the correct linen on all stations
- Set up rooms with pens, pads, mints, water glasses, water pitchers and drip trays as requested on the Event Order
- Place the correct linen on the tables throughout all function spaces based on the Event Order
- Service and refresh/maintain coffee break stations throughout the course of the event
- Cleaning and removing trash and used glassware, plates, or silverware from station
- Replenishing food and beverage as needed
- Replenishing silverware and glassware as needed
- Breakdown coffee station after the event or station has concluded.
- Correctly breakdown the coffee break station
- Remove all trash and used glassware, plates, or silverware from the station and event room
- Ensure that all supplies that are bussed from the station are placed in the correct racks to be washed
- Put all reusable products away in the proper areas
- Make sure that all coffee break equipment and areas are cleaned, organized, and put away properly at the end of each shift
- Ensure all dirty linen placed in blue Harbour linen bags and placed in the sub-basement in the Green Laundry Bins.
- Ensure all clean linen is put away properly, folded or hung in the linen room
- Ensure that all soiled linen in placed in the proper linen bags and brought to the sub-basement
- Maintain and organize linen and beverage supplies throughout the building
- Perform all other duties as directed or assigned by the Managers
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have the ability to function independently
- Bending and lifting required
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs and Must be able to push/pull up to 30 lbs
MANDATORY WORK DAYS INCLUDE (But are not limited to):
- New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, Easter Sunday, Mother’s Day, Fall Ball (every First Saturday in November), Thanksgiving Day, Family Christmas (every First Sunday in December)