POSITION: Receiving Clerk
REPORTS TO: Purchasing Manager
SHIFT: 9:30am – 6:00pm Monday through Friday
Weekend/ holiday availability when needed
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
To assist purchaser in order-placing and receiving of deliveries and packages plus all shipping with UPS and Federal Express.
- Assist in receiving all incoming packages and deliveries.
- Help check every incoming package of its contents to ensure that only quality product is received.
- Take temperatures of perishable items and record in log.
- Put away all incoming deliveries in their correct locations.
- Ensure that all daily requisitions are filled in a timely manner.
- Maintain and clean the store room, refrigerators and freezer.
- Keep an up-to-date log of all received parcels and where they have been delivered.
- Ensure proper rotation of all food items.
- Fill daily orders when purchasing manager is out.
- Have a good working knowledge of DHL and Federal Express shipping requirements to make sure all shipments go out in a timely manner.
- Call in UPS and Federal Express pick-ups at the end of each day.
- Exhibit strong people skills for dealing with customer service issues as related to shipping.
- Assist with any additional responsibilities.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to lift 50+ pounds
- Ability to stand on your feet for an entire shift
- Strong organizational skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Weekend and holiday availability
- Professional training and development
- Complimentary meals and snack in employee cafeteria
- 401K program after one year of employment and 1,000 hours worked in that year
- Medical Benefits and Paid Time Off