The Parking/Transportation department is looking for motivated, flexible, and efficient part-time Valet attendants for immediate hire. Valet attends must provide excellent customer service and make a positive first impression and a lasting final impression.
Job Title: Valet Parking Attendant
Reports to: Transportation Director
- Park/Retrieve vehicles for customers in parking garage.
- Greet customers and provide customer service. (Open/close doors, baggage assistance, etc.)
- Issue ticket stubs, or place numbered tags on windshields, and give customers matching tags for locating parked vehicles.
- Take numbered tags from customers, locate vehicles, and deliver vehicles, or provide customers with instructions for locating vehicles.
- Keep parking areas clean and orderly to ensure that space usage is maximized.
- Lift, position, and remove barricades in order to open or close parking areas.
- Inspect vehicles in order to detect any damage.
- Patrol parking areas in order to prevent vehicle damage and vehicle or property thefts.
- Escort customers to their vehicles in order to ensure their safety.
- Follow all rules and house policies as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Valet attendants are cross-trained on car service, and cashier.
- Other duties are to be determined.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service in a fast-paced environment.
- A positive and welcoming attitude.
- Must stand for long periods of time (6+ hours).
- Must be able to lift 10+ pounds to help with carrying food or drink trays.
- Must be able to go up and down stairs
- Restaurant experience is a plus.