Job Title: Food and Beverage Intern
Reports to: A la Carte Director
Amor Patriae Ducit, or, Love of Country Leads, is the anthem of the Union League of Philadelphia. We are the #1 City Club in the Country and a designated five-star platinum club looking for platinum quality individuals and passion to match. The Food and Beverage intern position is an immersion into the workings of a top Food and Beverage operation, and a masterclass on marketing, finance, and inventory in a private club. Create memorable and personalized experiences for club members. Ensure that the wants and need of members and guests are consistently exceeded.
- Input our monthly financial numbers into our financial analysis tracking system. Examine the data and identify trends that are occurring over the month.
- Keep open communication between all departments and your management.
- Review chits from previous nights and practice standard loss prevention techniques to ensure proper charging and billing.
- Scan invoices into our HFA system to keep a log of what we submit to Accounting and determine where we stand financially year to date. (Our fiscal year runs from July 1st to July 30th)
- Complete reports on dining numbers, for instance, covers, revenue, average check amount, etc. These reports will pertain to Café Meredith and the Founders Dining rooms.
- Assist our Executive Steward with monthly china, glass, and silver inventory.
- Organize and file packing slips and service reports for equipment maintenance and repairs.
- Keep a detailed log and tracking sheet of our new and pre-existing a la carte uniforms in house.
- Maintain the storage for décor and other office supplies. Use creative freedom to help design an updated, efficient, and streamlined space for our storage needs.
- Host at breakfast, lunch, and dinner in three outlets to gain front of the house experience.
- Contribute to the marketing and member awareness of our dining rooms and events through social mediums and Constant Contact.
- Read the Banner, our monthly publication, and help to edit it.
- Keep an organized master log of our menus for the chefs.
- Keep in constant and clear communication with management and colleagues via email.
- Perform a SWOT analysis for member dining outlets.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Self-directed and proactive
- Work well with other employees, including chefs and dining staff
- Manage time efficiently
- Even tempered
- Ability to develop and implement standards
- Efficient and organized
- Professional appearance and manner
- Flexible work schedule
- Excellent customer service
- Detail-oriented – accurate data entry, strong oral and written communication
- Pursuit of a Hospitality Management Degree is preferred
- Private Club, service experience is a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows/PC
- Ability and willingness to learn computer programs including but not limited to: Jonas, Accubar, ACT!, Qlik, Hot Schedules, Wunderlist, and ADP.
- ServSafe Certified
- RAMPs Certified
- There is also an opportunity to go to our satellite properties in Northeast Philadelphia (The Union League Golf Club at Torresdale), Gladwyne (The Guard House), Stone Harbor, New Jersey (The Bungalow), and Swainton, New Jersey (Union League National Golf Club).