Job Title: Fine Dining Server
Reports to: Dining Room Manager
The Union League of Philadelphia, founded in 1862, is the # 1 City Club in the country. We have locations in Center City Philadelphia, the Main Line, Northeast Philadelphia, and the Jersey Shore. The League House and our satellite properties are open for our member’s year round. We are looking for motivated and professional individuals, who will provide the finest service possible. At the Union League, we offer a positive, welcoming work environment to all employees.
The ideal candidate for the Union League is an individual who is professional, energetic, hardworking, self-motivated, and polite. Our year round, high paced schedule of events provides a variety of shifts and openings for work. The Union League provides many opportunities for employees to learn, grow, and expand their work experience. We pride ourselves on promoting talent from within our organization.
We are searching for a capable Dining Room Server to interact with members, verbal dinner specials, offer wine pairings in a fine dining professional environment. You will be the face of our room and responsible for our guests’ experiences.
Dining room server responsibilities include ensuring our tables are tidy and detailed when guests arrive, presenting specials and serving food and beverages. You need to be quick on your feet, able to multitask and have a polite and friendly attitude. If you enjoy talking to people and thrive in an interactive, refined workplace, we’d like to meet you.
Your ultimate goal will be to provide high-quality service that will help us attract regular members and maintain the highest standard.
- Prepare dining tables with special attention to details and order
- Attend to members upon seating
- Present verbal specials and help guests review menu and wine list
- Take orders and serve dishes
- Answer questions or make recommendations for seasonal and specialty items
- Collaborate with other servers and kitchen/bar staff
- Deal with complaints or problems with a positive attitude
- Correctly and accurately ring member chits and accept payment
- Proven fine dining restaurant serving experience
- Attention to cleanliness and service details
- Patience and guest-oriented approach
- Excellent people skills with a friendly attitude
- Responsible and trustworthy
- High school diploma is a plus but not required
- Flexible schedule including mandatory holidays
- Medical Benefits and Paid Time Off (full-time employees)
- Professional training and development
- Complimentary meals and snack in employee cafeteria
- 401K program after one year of employment and 1,000 hours worked in that year