Job Title: Part-time Server
Department: A la Carte and Banquets
Reports to: Food and Beverage Managers
We are searching for a capable server to assist in our la carte and banquet outlets. Be able to interact with members, verbal dinner specials, and offer wine pairings in a private club environment. Be the face of the League and be responsible for guests’ experiences.
Server responsibilities include ensuring tables are tidy and detailed when guests arrive, presenting specials and serving food and beverages. Be quick on feet, able to multitask, and have a polite and friendly attitude. The goal will be to provide high-quality service that will help us attract regular members and maintain the highest standard. If you enjoy talking to people and thrive in an interactive, refined workplace, we’d like to meet you.
- Prepare tables with special attention to details and order
- Attend to members upon seating
- Present verbal specials and help guests review menu and wine list
- Take orders and serve dishes
- Answer questions or make recommendations for seasonal and specialty items
- Collaborate with other servers and kitchen/bar staff
- Deal with complaints or problems with a positive attitude
- Correctly and accurately ring member chits and accept payment
- Be knowledgeable about the Union League properties and hours of operation, events, etc.
- Proven dining restaurant serving experience
- Attention to cleanliness and service details
- Patience and guest-oriented approach
- Excellent people skills with a friendly attitude
- Responsible and trustworthy
- ServSafe and RAMPS certified
- Flexible schedule, including mandatory holidays
Compensation: Will receive hourly rate, in addition to 20% gratuity for each order delivered.
Hours are subject to change throughout the year
Note: The above tasks and any additional duties shall be completed to the satisfaction of the Manager