II. Reports to:
Restaurant Manager on Duty
III. Essential Functions:
It is the host’s job to assist the manager by standing at the podium, greeting members, seating guests, and helping the bar and wait staff as needed.
IV. Additional Responsibilities:
- Greet and seat guests.
- Take reservations.
- Make sure the dining room and side stations are stocked and ready for service.
- Make sure there is a supply of linen stocked for resets.
- Check the cleanliness and condition of linen & glassware on every table prior to service (Stains and holes are unacceptable).
- Make sure the menus are clean: free of rips and stains.
- Make sure the room is properly set up and broken down after each meal period.
- Be observant of the members and guests. Make sure they are not looking around for service.
- Check side work prior to the manager‘s walk through.
- Assist the food servers and runners as needed to insure flawless service for our members and guests. This includes delivering food to tables and clearing plates as needed.
- Create electronic buffet signs daily.
- Follow all rules and house policies as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Other duties TBD.