Job Title: Assistant Manager – 1862 by Martin Hamann
Reports to: 1862 by Martin Hamann Manager
The Assistant Manager is responsible for maintaining the highest level of standards in our exclusive fine dining room. Manage the day-to-day operations along with the Manager. Train seasoned staff and attract and develop new talent for the front of the house. Create and modify seasonal menu items, execute a formulated marketing plan, and interact with members to build long-term relationships.
- Managerial presence on the floor.
- Supervise and train front of house staff. Assists with onboarding process for new hires.
- Coordinate and post a weekly schedule for dining factoring in daily service, regular cleaning, and upkeep.
- Follow and enforce the sequence of service techniques including but not limited to: delivering drinks, ordering food, coursing, and firing food.
- Check emails and updates reservations daily.
- Be open and transparent with the front and the back of house teams. Forecast and ensure proper flow that will provide exceptional service.
- Own the overall room appearance from floor to ceiling. Work with Manager on preventative maintenance. Submit service orders to Engineering team and log service contracts.
- Inspect that staff side work is assigned and completed. Correct/report issues or concerns to the Manager.
- Complete an accurate end of the shift report. Analyze and review sales data with Manager.
- Manage linen, china, glass, silver, and bar equipment inventories.
- Attend weekly manager meetings and contributes ideas. Has excellent foresight with respect to knowing what is going on in the club, companion amenities, and the city.
- Plan and execute special events in the dining room and private dining room (PDR), Cellar 62.
- Print accurate and food and beverage menus for the podium and post online.
- Research food and beverage trends. Present opportunities to new techniques and approaches.
- Build rapport with new members and existing members. Strive to learn members’ names and preferences.
- Other duties to be determined.
- Self-directed and proactive
- Works well with other employees, including chefs and dining staff
- Excellent customer service and service recovery
- Strong oral and written communication
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years managing a team. Server and bartending experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows/PC
- Wine knowledge, CMS or WSET certifications preferred
- Ability to learn computer programs such as Accubar, Jonas, Outlook 365, and ADP