Job Title: Bartender
Department: A la Carte and Banquets
Reports to: Food and Beverage – Liberty Hill
Job Summary: To provide timely service to all bar patrons, to maintain a clean and organized bar, and to assist runners, bussers and servers. Be the face of the League and be responsible for guests’ experiences. The goal will be to provide high-quality service that will help us attract regular members and maintain the highest standard. If you enjoy talking to people and thrive in an interactive, refined workplace, we would like to meet you.
- Organize and set up the bar with special attention to details
- Compile daily requisitions and restock bar
- Take and serve food and beverage orders
- Answer questions or make recommendations for seasonal and specialty item including custom cocktails and wine by the glass
- Collaborate with other servers and kitchen/bar staff
- Deal with complaints or problems with a positive attitude
- Correctly and accurately ring member chits and accept payment
- Be knowledgeable about the Union League’s properties and hours of operation, events, etc.
- Other duties to be determined.
- Proven dining restaurant experience
- Attention to cleanliness and service details
- Patient and guest-oriented approach
- Excellent people skills with a friendly attitude
- Responsible and trustworthy
- RAMPS certified
- ServSafe preferred
- Flexible schedule, nights and weekends, mandatory holidays
Compensation: Will receive hourly rate, in addition to 20% gratuity for each order delivered. Benefits offered after 90-day probationary period.