POSITION: Banquet Housemen
REPORTS TO: Conference Services Manager, Housemen Supervisor, Banquet Captains, Director of Banquet Operations
- Arrive at the League House and the floor on time and with a positive attitude.
- Full Dress Uniform: Housemen Polo Shirt, Black or Navy Blue Pants, Black Shoes, Black Socks, Name Tag, Radio, Ear Piece, and Game Plan Paperwork for the day.
- Establish a warm welcome and professional atmosphere for all members, guests, and employee
- Hygiene and grooming are extremely important. Maintaining a clean and neat appearance is imperative.
- Hair kept clean, above collar. Facial Hair well-kempt. No earrings.
- All tattoos are to be completely covered while at work.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and execute all given worksheets and Private Event Orders (PEO’S).
- Report to Manager on Duty to receive worksheets for the day and review the Game Plan for the day.
- Check-in and communicate with Private Event Managers or Banquet Captains when necessary.
- Set all function rooms accurately, completely with a great sense of urgency. Ensure all function rooms are set accordingly to the given specifications.
- Ability to set up, breakdown, and return to the storage location for the following items:
o Portable Dance Floor, Staging, Tables, Chairs, Bar Stools, Black Leather Chairs, Flags, Portable Bars, Air Walls, Furniture, Lamps, Chair Carts, and Table Carts. (Not limited to the items listed)
- Vacuum and Clean all function rooms and public spaces in the clubhouse before and after every function
o Including by not limited to: Vacuuming, Dry Mopping, Wet Mopping, Dusting, Wiping and cleaning with wet rages, Glass Cleaning.
o Steam and Deep Clean supplies and equipment per request from supervisor
- Respond to all supervisor, client, and member requests immediately
- Attend all scheduled meetings for the department or as requested
- Carry and Operate a walkie-talkie with an ear piece during shift
- Deliver all requested Meeting Materials and Packages to the Box Storage Room (BSR) or Function Rooms.
o Return necessary materials to BSR if necessary
o Bring down fully packed and labeled boxes for shipping to the Purchasing Department.
- Communicate with Supervisors and Engineering Department regarding items that need to be fixed throughout the building
- Be respectful throughout each shift of the historical paintings, statues, display cases, and overall League House
- Able to work 3 – 5 hours at a time without a break
- Bending and lifting required. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. and push up to 250 lbs.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
MANDATORY WORK DAYS INCLUDE (But are not limited to):
New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, Mother’s Day, Easter, Fall Ball (1st Saturday in November), Thanksgiving, Family Christmas (1st Sunday in December)