The Union League of Philadelphia, founded in 1862, is the # 1 City Club in the country. We have locations in Center City Philadelphia, the Main Line, Northeast Philadelphia, and the Jersey Shore. The League House and our satellite properties are open for our member’s year round. We are looking for motivated and professional individuals, who will provide the finest service possible. At the Union League, we offer a positive, welcoming work environment to all employees.
The ideal candidate for the Union League Banquet Department is an individual who is professional, energetic, hardworking, self-motivated, and polite. Our year round, high paced schedule of events provides a variety of shifts and openings for work. The Union League provides many opportunities for employees to learn, grow, and expand their work experience. We pride ourselves on promoting talent from within our organization.
POSITION: Banquet Bartender
REPORTS TO: Director of Banquet Operations, Assistant Director of Banquet Operations, Banquet Supervisor
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
To provide the highest level of beverage service to all members, clients, and guests of the Union League in a professional and courteous manner consistent with the Standard Operating Procedures of the Union League. Bartenders should be properly trained and up to date on current industry trends.
- Read and understand all particulars of Private Event Orders (PEOs) and Beverage Daily Assignments.
- Set up and breakdown all bar supplies for events based on Beverage Daily Assignments.
- Maintain a positive and professional attitude towards guests, members, and co-workers
- Adhere to League uniform and grooming standards.
- Ensure that all chits are complete and accurate at the end of each shift.
- Clean, organize, and stock all work areas.
- Expediently communicate any challenges, guest complaints or requests to a supervisor.
- Ensure that all paperwork is accurate and complete at the end of each shift.
- Observe all safety procedures during the execution of assigned duties.
- All other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Past professional bartending experience
- Knowledge of common drink recipes
- Sufficient knowledge of mixology, beverage service, and basic sanitation
- Strong customer service and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Basic mathematical skills
- Bending and lifting required of up to 50 lbs
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Nights, weekend, and holiday availability
- RAMPS Certification (preferred)
MANDATORY WORK DAYS INCLUDE (But are not limited to):
- New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, Easter Sunday, Mother’s Day, Fall Ball (First Saturday in November), Thanksgiving Day, Family Christmas (First Sunday in December)