Job Title: Banquet Cook
Purpose: Prepare breakfast, lunch, dinner, and break food items for banquet functions in accordance with production requirements and quality standards while maintaining a safe, sanitary work environment.
- Prepare food items according to banquet event orders of consistent quality following recipe cards, as well as production, portion, and presentation standards.
- Start food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure not prepared beyond estimated needs.
- Operate, maintain and properly clean kitchen equipment, including deep fryer, broiler, stove, steamer, food processor, mixer, slicer, oven, steam table, tilt kettle, waffle iron, and flat top grill.
- Date all food containers and rotate as per policies, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures; check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set up; note any out of stock items or possible shortages; return all food items not used to designated storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables; assist in setting up plans and actions to correct any food cost problems.
- Work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors.
- Assist in prep work of vegetables and condiments as required for the next shift.
Knowledge and Skills:
Education: Cooking school or culinary institute education or equivalent experience.
Experience: One to three years culinary or related work experience. Advanced culinary knowledge is expected for this position. Working knowledge is generally learned on the job.
Skills and Abilities: Ability to operate, maintain and properly clean deep fryer, broiler, stove, steamer, food processor, mixer, slicer, oven, steam table, tilt kettle, waffle iron, flat top grill.