Job Title: Food and Beverage Intern
Reports to: Director of Dining – League House
Amor Patriae Ducit, or, Love of Country Leads, is the anthem of the Union League of Philadelphia. We are the #1 City Club in the Country and a designated five-star platinum club looking for platinum quality individuals and passion to match. The Food and Beverage intern position is an immersion into the workings of a top Food and Beverage operation, and a masterclass on marketing, finance, and inventory in a private club. Create memorable and personalized experiences for club members. Ensure that the wants and need of members and guests are consistently exceeded.
- Assist with food and beverage operations at the League House (Center City). There is also an opportunity to go to our companion amenities properties in Northeast Philadelphia (The Union League Golf Club at Torresdale), Gladwyne (The Guard House), Stone Harbor, New Jersey (The Bungalow), and Swainton, New Jersey (Union League National Golf Club).
- Host at breakfast, lunch, and dinner in member dining outlets to gain front of the house experience. Be versed on all menu changes, dining and golf events, etc.
- Learn SevenRooms, our reservation system. Identify ways to increase member satisfaction and help managers get the most out of the system.
- Keep in constant and clear communication with management and colleagues via email. Utilize Office 365 for chat features and file sharing.
- Review chits from previous nights and practice standard loss prevention techniques to ensure proper charging and billing.
- Help complete reports on dining numbers including covers, revenue, average check amount, etc.
- Assist our Executive Steward with china, glass, and silver inventory.
- Organize and file packing slips and service reports for equipment maintenance and repairs.
- Keep a detailed log and tracking sheet of our new and pre-existing uniforms in house.
- Maintain the storage for décor and other office supplies. Use creative freedom to help design an updated, efficient, and streamlined space for our storage needs.
- Be a self-marketer. Take pictures and craft captions to share with the Marketing team.
- Read the Banner, our monthly publication, and help to edit it.
- Perform a SWOT analysis for member dining outlets upon internship completion.
- Other duties to be determined.
- Self-directed and proactive
- Work well with other employees, including chefs and dining staff
- Manage time efficiently
- Handles conflict in a professional manner
- Excellent customer service
- Strong oral and written communication
- Pursuit of a Hospitality Management Degree is preferred
- Private Club, service experience is a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows/PC
- ServSafe Certified
- RAMPs Certified
- Flexible work schedule